Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simple Accents

So lately I have been doing small projects simple things that add a little something extra to my room or other places. Starting with bows I have so much ribbon laying around in my craft stash that I decided to do something useful with it. My bedroom is bright green, so I tied a green ribbon around the back of my desk chair. My room is accented in purple, one of the purple items is my trashcan. I decided to add a ribbon to this as well. However, tying it would not hold, so I got out to hot glue gun and made the bow more permanent.




I love glitter, and my friend told me how to cover your phone charger with glitter to make it more distinctive. I chose my own way to do it and simply painted it with nail polish. The smell may be a tad over whelming so you may want to do this out side. I stuck the part of the charger that goes into the wall into a piece of foam so I could easily paint all the sides without getting my hands sticky. Using a white glitter to paint over the whole charger was all you have to do. I waited a few hours to make sure it was dry, and it may smell faintly of nail polish for quite sometime.











No comments:

Post a Comment