Friday, February 1, 2013

Calvin & Hobbes.

The top.

I have always been a fan of Calvin & Hobbes my Dad has a bunch of the comics, and when I was little me and my sister used to read them. I still read them, I mean whoever doesn't think Calvin is the funniest kid clearly has no sense of humor. So this project started because I needed a dresser since for some unknown reason I let my dad put mine in the guest room and then was left with six drawers worth of clothes and no place to put them. I found a dresser I wanted at Good Will but my mom said it wasn't worth it. Fortunately for me my parents found a dresser on the side of the road. Just another way that shows God cares about the little things you want too. I got right to work and sanded it down. My original plan was to cover with fabric using modpodge but half way through I decided I really didn't like it. So then my new plan was created I was going to cover it with Calvin & Hobbes comics.

The side.

The Front.












First I stripped off the fabric which was not easy... Then I spray painted the whole thing black and got started. I cut out individual comics strips and used paper mod podge to apply  them to the wood. After I got everything the way I wanted it, my dad put a varnish over the whole thing to give it an even finish. Cutting out all the comics was pretty time consuming but totally worth it. Especially the top which I used B&W comics for the back ground and then pieced colored comics over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment