Friday, October 5, 2012

Mod Podge and Magazines

Making a mess (what I do best)


Lately I have been dying to use mod podge, a glue/sealer that you can buy or make using equal portions of elmer's glue and water. While at Marshalls last week (one of my favorite stores) me and my mom were looking at colorful decretive boxes. She said when she was younger she decorated her own, then she proceeded to tell me how the times have changed...

Finished box!







However, this gave me my mod podge idea! I was going to decorate a shoe box in magazine cut outs. I have made so many collages before that this was a piece of cake. So I got some old magazines, scissors, my shoebox, and a glue stick after covering the sides of the box I coated it in something very similar to mod podge. I could not find any elmer's glue in my house but I did find a puzzler sealer to leave your finished puzzles matte and held together. Which is pretty much mod podge.




Altoids container.

I also coated an altoids container in magazine scraps giving it a colorful finish, I'm not sure what I will use it for I just wanted to make something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment