Thursday, June 28, 2012

duck tape flowers

I have a major obsession with duck tape, and am constantly trying to make new things from it. I thought hmm flowers that never die, genius although I know I'm not the first to make them but I still thought it would be cool.

What you will need:
*2 rolls of duck tape one green and the other of your choice
*scissors
*straws


Supplies
Straw covered in tape.













First I coated the straw in green duck tape, I ripped it in half so it would not be so bulky. Then you should rip off a strip of your flower color about 2 or 3 inches long. Folding the corner up so there is a strip of sticky tape still exposed and then fold the other corner making a triangle. Once you have about 8 or nine of these can start making your flower or round off the edges with your scissors. I choose to round the edges off so it looks more like a flower although I have made both types.
.
The first fold of the triangle
Finished triangles some rounded.



At last you can put the petals on your stem, the first petal is simply wrapped around the straw about an inch down. The you begin adding the other petals by pinching the petals around your stem make them realistic. Be careful not to lay it flat, you want to crimp the edges to make your flower blossom.   

In the process. On left and right an example of what the finished petal looks like

Finished!








No comments:

Post a Comment